All colleges/universities seeking pre-service placements with MMSD must become a contracted partner and follow our placement procedures. We require that student teacher placements be approved by principals and that each student teacher have a local supervisor.
Steps to Student Teacher Placement
- Sign Student Affiliation Agreement with MMSD and email to June Wilson, Assistant Legal Counsel.
- Placement coordinator secures placement(s) by contacting principals directly. The coordinator may reach out to HR if struggling with a placement. HR may or may not be able to accommodate facilitation of a placement.
- Enter all confirmed placements on the Placement Registration Form and email to HR (contacts listed below)
- Instruct your students to complete the required steps prior to their start date:
- Practicum: background check
- Student Teacher: fingerprinting & district ID Badge
- Student Affiliation Agreement
- Pre-Service Teacher Placement: A Guide for College & University partners
- Placement Registration Form
- Guidelines for ID Badge Issuance for Pre-Service Teachers