Summer School Teachers Still Needed! - Apply by May 19th
- 4K Teacher
- Bilingual Teacher - Spanish/English (Grades 4k - 5)
- Special Education Teacher (Grades K - 7)
- Literacy Teacher (Grades K - 7)
- Math Teacher (Grades K - 7)
- Enrichment Teacher (Grades K - 7)
- High School Teacher - All Subjects (Grades 8 - 12)
Enrichment Classes: Learning with Legos, Wonders of Science, Art Expressions, World Explorers, Movement Fun and Fitness, Tumbling with a Twist, Adventures in Computers, Taking Literacy Outdoors.
High School Classes: 2D Design/3D Design, Algebra, Trigonometry, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health, Integrated Science, English, Physical Education, ACT/SAT Prep, College and Career Readiness, Study Skills
**NEW** Summer School teaching salaries have increased! **NEW**
Current MMSD teachers: $25 per hour
Non-MMSD teachers: $20 per hour
Pay is no longer determined by number of years teaching MMSD Summer School.
Summer school is a six week session held Monday – Friday, from June 19 – July 28
No school Monday, July 3 or Tuesday, July 4
Daily student contact time is from 7:45 AM – 12:15 PM (includes teaching time and passing time)
K - 7 Class Structure
Each teacher will have three 83-minute sections. Content is same for all three sections, but grade level may change by section.
Section 1 - Literacy grade 2
Section 2 - Literacy grade 2
Section 3 - Literacy grade 3
High School Class Structure
Each teacher will have two sections. Content may change for the two sections.
Section 1 - Algebra
Section 2 - Geometry
How to Apply - Two Steps
STEP 1: Submit Application
Current MMSD Employees
- Apply using your internal transfer account
- Log in at https://empapp.madison.k12.wi.us/ats/trans_login?COMPANY_ID=00005393
- New MMSD teachers will need to create a transfer account. Click the link above, then the CREATE ACCOUNT button. Check the Certified box next to Applicant Type.
Recent Graduates, Non–MMSD Teachers and Current MMSD Sub Teachers
- Apply at https://empapp.madison.k12.wi.us/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00005393
- When completing or updating your application, be sure to click the Jobs tab and apply for '2017 SUMMER SCHOOL TEACHER - ALL SUBJECTS.'
- If you have never applied for a job with MMSD before, click the link above, then the CREATE ACCOUNT button. Check the Certified box next to Applicant Type.
STEP 2: Complete preference form to indicate content, grade level and site preferences
- Form will be sent vie e-mail after application has been submitted, please allow 24 hours to receive.
- Final school sites/grade placements will occur once student enrollment is finalized in late May. Placements can be found on this website on June 1.
Summer School Sites
Nuestro Mundo Elementary
Orchard Ridge Elementary/Toki Middle
All staff are required to complete training and professional development. Professional development days are the following:
- Wednesday, June 14 and Thursday, June 15 from 8:00AM – 3:00PM at LaFollette High School. All staff are expected to attend and training is paid.
- Friday, June 16 at your assigned school site from 8:00AM – 3:00PM. All staff are expected to attend and training is paid.
Subbing for summer school
Subs are always needed for summer school. If you are a current MMSD teacher, sub teacher or SEA you can sign up to sub for summer school. Subs are contacted dierectly via phone or e-mail by the principal, secretary or teacher in need of a sub and not by the sub placement office or sub placement system.
Please sign up at the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/6rvtGn3pQnrV6Zjz1
We look forward to your participation in making our 2017 Summer School program a success in the tradition of the Madison Metropolitan School District!
Have questions? Please e-mail email@example.com, or call us at 608-663-1693