During the plan year, you can change your benefit coverage if a qualified event affects you or your dependents' eligibility under MMSD's insurance plans. If you're eligible to make coverage changes, the changes must be consistent based on the qualified event. You have 30 calendar days from the date of your qualifying event to make your changes (if you miss this timeframe, you cannot make changes to your benefits until Open Enrollment). Qualifying life events include:
Your legal marital status changes:
- Divorce, legal separation, or annulment
- Death of your spouse
The number of your eligible children changes:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Child gains or loses eligibility for coverage under the plan
- Death of a child
Your benefits eligibility changes because of:
- Taking or returning from a leave of absence
- A change in work schedule or status that causes you to gain or lose eligibility
Your family member's benefits eligibility changes:
- A change in work schedule or status that causes him or her to gain or lose eligibility
- He or she gains a benefit option or loses coverage
- He or she makes new coverage choices during his or her employer's annual enrollment
- Your or your family member's COBRA coverage from another employer expires
- You or your family member becomes eligible for or loses Medicare or Medicaid
- You or your family member loses coverage under a government's or educational institution's
How do I make changes to my insurance?
Changes must be done online at MMSD's electronic enrollment site Standard.BenSelect.com. Changes due to a qualified life event must be done within 30 days after the date of the event. For help making change at the online system, you can refer to Part II of the Enrollment User Guide found in the Links box on this page. If you have questions or need help, please contact the Benefits Helpdesk at email@example.com or at (608) 663-1692.
Other items to consider updating
Home Address / Contact Information
Life Insurance Beneficiary
The ability to update your Life Insurance Beneficiary will be found in the Standard Enrollment System
State and Federal Tax Withholding
Forms can be found at here.
Return the form to the Payroll Division, Doyle Administration Building
Form can be found at here.
Return the form to WRS (address is on the form)