The Department of Human Resources serves the District and the community by establishing, developing, recognizing and maintaining a quality work force for the education of our students. We are dedicated to providing quality and timely service to all our customers with integrity, fairness, sensitivity and reliability.
- administers employee benefits, including health, dental, life, long-term disability, and long term care insurance
- coordinates leaves of absence
- handles retirement escrow
- oversees workers' compensation
- administers the Employee Assistance Program
- responsible for recruitment, screening, and referral of candidates for all District position vacancies
- provides administrative, technical, and clerical coordination of all personnel transactions, including promotions, transfers, and reclassifications.
- oversees unemployment insurance claims
- oversees the Substitute Placement Office
Labor Relations Division
- responsible for the labor management program involving eight bargaining units representing over 3,600 employees
- grievance processing
- disciplinary cases
- prohibited practice complaints
- processes pay for all employees, including MSCR seasonal employees